Discover the Charente-Maritime from the Domaine du Seudre
By staying at the Domaine du Seudre in Saint-Germain-du-Seudre, you are in Nouvelle-Aquitaine, in the heart of the Haute Saintonge, in the south of the Charente-Maritime, between the Cognais and the Bordelais, at the doors of the Charente, the Dordogne and the Gironde.
From the banks of the Gironde estuary to the gates of the P.rigord and its forest of the Double saintongeaise, to the hillsides of the Cognac vineyard to the Seugne valley, the Haute Saintonge offers a wide range of activities to enjoy all year round.
It invites the visitor to discover its landscapes of plains and hillsides via its 500 km of marked circuits or through outdoor activities (hiking, horse riding, biking, cruising, sailing, hot air ballooning...) and magnificent viewpoints to be appreciated from the Chemin des Cr.tes and the belvedere of Mortagne-sur-Gironde or from the Tour de Beaumont in Floirac
It also reveals a rich heritage made of numerous churches, treasures of Romanesque art, castles, small traditional ports of the estuary and cities full of Art and History such as the charming little town of Saint-Sauvant, the medieval city of Pons with its keep and its hospital of the Pilgrims or the city of Saintes.
A land of flavors and gastronomy, it is a wine and agricultural region (Cognac, Pineau des Charentes, poultry and foie gras, saffron, caviar...).
Lovers of well-being and relaxation will not be left out. Thermal baths, balneotherapy, aquaerobics and fitness centers, and bathing areas are numerous in the region, with the spa town of Jonzac and its aquaerobics and fitness center "Les Antilles de Jonzac" in the lead.)
Some ideas for activities for beautiful nature escapes, exciting visits and tasty discoveries:
- the protected natural area of the P.le-Nature de Vitrezay in Saint-Sorlin-de-Conac,
- the Green Way of Haute-Saintonge
- the House of the Forest in Montlieu-la Garde,
- the House of the vine and the flavours in Archiac
- the peninsula of Talmont-sur-Gironde, overhanging the estuary, is classified among the most beautiful villages of France
- the beaches of the Atlantic coast (Royan, Saint-Georges-de-Didonne...)
- Mysterra", the Labyrinths of Montendre
- Port Maubert in Saint-Fort-sur-Gironde
- Terra Aventura " More than 400 unusual and playful routes, designed as treasure hunts. Ideal for families to discover the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.
- Les Lapidiales in Port d'Envaux is a former stone quarry transformed into an open-air museum, an art space in perpetual evolution near Saintes. It reveals a labyrinth of sculptures directly realized on the walls by artists coming from all countries.